At this site, there are a few buildings - the main hut is believed to have been built in by Bill Napthali and Fred Clarke in 1935 to house them as they grazed cattle. It is also possible that the hut was built by Edward Haslingdon and his sons in 1933. The Kosciusko Alpine Club has a long history with the hut and has made many changes over the years - they are now the primary caretakers. This hut has two main rooms plus an entry woodpile annex. The second hut is behind the main hut - the SMA hut (aka the Kelvinator). This second hut is not as well maintained as the main one. There is also a pit toilet beside the hut. A large, flat, grassy area makes a great place to camp and the nearby creek is a source of water. NOTE: On 27th July 2010 an accidental fire has done significant damage to this hut, it is now fenced off and accessing the hut is unsafe. A plan is likley to be put into place to restore the hut.