This is a large Snowy Mountain Scheme hut built in 1961. The hut sits between the maintenance road and a set of high tension power lines which run along the valley. The hut was built to house the staff who were building and maintaining the infrastructure in the area. Today, part of the hut is left unlocked for public use. There is a pump-out toilet, flat grassy area and creek nearby for water. The hut has several rooms, beds, a fire place and a table. The hut is named after Sir Herbert Henry Schlink (1883-1962), a medical doctor and xc skier. Dr Schlink made the first winter crossing from Kiandra to Kosciusko. The hut is often called the Schlink Hilton, due to its size.