EPE Packs

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

EPE Packs

Postby samh » Wed 21 Oct, 2009 8:46 pm

Hi all,
has anyone ever bought an EPE pack? or does anyone know them, eg. who is behind that company...? I was very surprised about the weight of their packs and as I'm at the moment looking for a day, or overnighter, pack I considered this one, but I'm not sure if it even has a hip belt. Alternatively I was thinking about making a pack by myself but it's a bit hard to get materials, anyone know where I can get suitable ripstop nylon?
samh
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: EPE Packs

Postby johnw » Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:33 pm

Try http://www.epeglobal.com/content/
I've owned one of their hiking tents for several years, a 3 season/2 person dome ("Viper" model, but looks like it's no longer made). Quite happy with the quality, and was much less expensive than better known brands. I've seen the packs sometimes in stores up here but never owned one. I remember considering their daypacks on one occasion. They seemed OK but maybe a bit too fiddly for me, with fussy bits that may not be needed.
I'm pretty sure they all have hip belts. That should be a default for anything defined as a rucksack anyway.
John W

In Nature's keeping they are safe, but through the agency of man destruction is making rapid progress - John Muir c1912
johnw
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Return to Equipment