Gear list for Mt Namadgi walk March 2009

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Gear list for Mt Namadgi walk March 2009

Postby Tony » Sun 22 Mar, 2009 11:18 am

Base weight carried in pack, gear list for Mt Namadgi walk March 2009

Pack Golite Jam 2 (modified) 583.1g
Shelter S2S sn240 Tarp-poncho, ground sheet, guy ropes and pegs and bag 471.5g
Prolite 3 Short sleeping mat 388.6g
Sleeping quilt and bag (BPL 180) 576.8g
First aid kit and toiletries and bag 405.5g
Pillow in bag 126.3g
Beanie, spare socks, gloves and bag 216.4g
Dry bag (S2S) 88.4g
Stove, 1.5l pot. WS, gas 100g, and bag 484.6g
Bowl, mug, eating spoon and cooking spoon 110.4
Thermal top x 4 + thermal longs and bag 752.8
PLB 286.6
5l water bladder (empty) 45.5g
600 ml water bottle (empty) 24.0g
Keys, money, drivers license, mobile phone, credit cards 160g
Total 4.721 kg

Bum bag worn on hips with knife, torch, compass, matches etc, and camera in bag 650g this weight is not counted in weight carried in pack.

Notes; I carried the evening meal for the group which was a large curry which with container weighed in at 1.8 kg, I also carried a larger than usual pot to heat up the curry. I do not have an accurate weight of total food carried but estimate around 2.5 kg.
I started with 600 ml of water but half way along the walk it was becoming obvious that water might be scarce up top so I ended up carrying up to 5 liters from then, I estimate that at max I carried was around 12 kg at times. On the return trip I carried less that 0.5 kg of food and only 600 ml of water.

The others in the group pack start weights where around 13 kg, 14 kg and 14.5 kg, they also carried extra water after half way, mine was pack start weight was around 8.8 kg.

Tony
There is no such thing as bad weather.....only bad clothing. Norwegian Proverb
Tony
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Return to Equipment