Desktop version
Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.

Forum rules

TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.
Post a reply

Folding Bucket Question

Mon 13 Apr, 2009 9:36 pm

Does anyone know if you can put hot water (like for dishwashing or bathing) into a folding bucket, or will this weaken the waterproofing or material?

Re: Folding Bucket Question

Tue 14 Apr, 2009 8:07 am

the_camera_poser wrote:Does anyone know if you can put hot water (like for dishwashing or bathing) into a folding bucket, or will this weaken the waterproofing or material?

Did it come with any documentation? What does that say?
Maybe shoot off an email to the company?

Tue 14 Apr, 2009 9:27 am

Well, I found a collapsing sink with the same capacity that is rated for up to 120c, from Sea to Summit, so I'll go with that!

Tue 14 Apr, 2009 11:04 am

Hi the_camera_poser,

the_camera_poser wrote:Does anyone know if you can put hot water (like for dishwashing or bathing) into a folding bucket, or will this weaken the waterproofing or material?

I have a S2S kitchen sink which I have poured boiling water in but you have to put a bit of cold water in first.

Tony

Tue 14 Apr, 2009 8:37 pm

fine for a while, then they go brittle and will eventually crack

Wed 15 Apr, 2009 12:22 pm

thanks guys
Post a reply