Pre heat tube on Moonwalker?

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Pre heat tube on Moonwalker?

Postby Nic » Sun 03 May, 2009 8:49 pm

Can anyone confirm that the Kovea Moonwalker has a pre heat tube? I want to use an inverted gas canister this winter with the stove but I can't find any specs anywhere to confirm that it does have a pre heat tube.

On another note if anyone has been using the inverted gas canister with there stoves for winter use, please let me know if there are any tips or tricks.

Thanks,
n
Nic
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Re: Pre heat tube on Moonwalker?

Postby Penguin » Sun 03 May, 2009 9:13 pm

Nik

I have one and it has a preheat tube. I have only used the moonwalker a few times. Inverted the canister once - the stive went ballistic. Remember to turn the supply valve down when you inver the canister.

P
Penguin
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Return to Equipment