Osprey Exos on the go walking pole storage

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Osprey Exos on the go walking pole storage

Postby photohiker » Sat 25 Jul, 2009 2:46 pm

I use an Osprey Stratos for my daypack. The next level up the chain is the Atmos, which is a lightweight version of the same pack. It's just been replaced by the Exos - 34, 46 and 58L.

Now unless you're looking for a LW pack, this probably isn't that interesting. But check the video on the Osprey page below to see the walking pole stash in operation. This has caught my attention for tripod storage. It's one thing to take your tripod with you, but another thing entirely to drag it out every time an opportunity arrives. I don't know if the Exos has arrived here in Aus, but I'm interested to check out the storage design to see if it can be adapted to tripods or applied to another pack.

http://www.ospreypacks.com/Packs/ExosSeriesVentilated/
Michael
photohiker
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Re: Osprey Exos on the go walking pole storage

Postby the_camera_poser » Sat 25 Jul, 2009 3:09 pm

I hadn't thought of that for a tripod- good idea!
the_camera_poser

Postby walkinTas » Sun 26 Jul, 2009 11:36 am

It should work well for tripods. I carry my tripod in that exact position - under my left arm. I had a shoulder clip and hip clip sown into my day pack so I can just clip my tripod bag onto my shoulder and hip. When I'm using the tripod I unclip the shoulder and just let the empty bag hang on my hip. That way I don't forget to pick up the bag when I move on. Under the left arm (I'm right handed) is a perfect place for the tripod, and very easy to access without dropping my pack.
walkinTas
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Postby north-north-west » Mon 27 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Ah, sling mounted tripods and poles. Someone out there is finally learning a trick or two from tech diving.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous
Region: Tasmania

Return to Equipment