For all high tech electronic equipment including GPS, PLB, chargers, phones, computers, software. Discussion of simple electrical devices such as torches, belongs in the main 'Equipment' forum.
Post a reply

New garmin Enduro 2, fully featured Fenix 7

Wed 10 Aug, 2022 4:18 pm

When Garmin first announced the original Garmin Enduro about 1.5 years ago, it was met with mostly confusion. How could an ultra-running focused watch not have maps? Sure, it had amazing battery life, and even a nifty nylon strap. But instead of the device building atop the then popular Fenix 6 series, it actually removed features from it in order to achieve battery life. So in effect, it was a ‘Fenix 6X Minus’.

Fast forward to the Enduro 2 though, and Garmin aims to fix that by bringing out what is essentially a ‘Fenix 7X Plus’. It’s got every single feature of the Fenix 7X series, but adds more, both in hardware and software. The new Enduro 2 has the longest battery life of any Garmin watch, and depending on how you tally the solar figures – any watch in the endurance sports market

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2022/08/gar ... eview.html

Re: New garmin Enduro 2, fully featured Fenix 7

Wed 10 Aug, 2022 4:44 pm

Sounds good. It was the reason I glossed over the Enduro watches as a potential replacement for my Fenix 5.

Wed 10 Aug, 2022 4:53 pm

the original model was pretty expensive given the lack of features, you seemed to just be paying a lot for a bigger battery..

Wed 10 Aug, 2022 4:57 pm

Indeed. To be fair my Fenix 5 is still doing a decent job. Though I have the small non map version, so next one will definitely have maps.
I might keep an eye on it, see how this compares to the Fenix 8 when it's out, and if it's worth paying extra for the 8.

Wed 10 Aug, 2022 5:01 pm

i just grab the previous models when they have fire sales when the new models come out. picked one up for half price..

Thu 11 Aug, 2022 3:31 pm

$1750

Thu 11 Aug, 2022 4:23 pm

wayno wrote:$1750

:roll: Not in my budget!

A 6 pro is what ~$400.... betterer...
Post a reply