How accessible is Bundanoon Creek?

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

How accessible is Bundanoon Creek?

Postby DJ Wombat » Thu 30 May, 2024 4:39 pm

The other day I spent a few hours exploring Dimmocks Creek in Bundanoon. It is downstream from the popular Glow Worm Glen. The track has long been neglected - overgrown and lots of fallen trees, however still traceable. It's all lush green in the gully with cliff on both sides, quite enjoyable actually. Upon reaching the creek I kept on pushing downstream for another km or so, which is far out of range of the previously defined track. It's bit hard to negotiate among boulders however doable.

Coming back I've mapped a route to go downstream from Dimmocks Creek to join Bundanoon Creek, downstream again then join the defined Bundanoon Creek Track up to the cliffline, and loop back from Nicholas Pass Track.

Now my question is, how difficult is to walk along the Bundanoon Creek? Anyone had experience visiting that section? Probably in opposite direction from bottom of Bundanoon Creek Track upstreams? The blue section is what I refer to.
Attachments
bundanoon_creek.png
DJ Wombat
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Re: How accessible is Bundanoon Creek?

Postby tom_brennan » Sat 01 Jun, 2024 6:50 pm

I've done that walk back in 2010. It was a good day walk. Quite a bit of work to keep dry feet. You'd want to make sure Bundanoon Creek was at normal water levels. Pics in link below:

https://ozultimate.com/tom/bushwalking/ ... photos.htm
Bushwalking NSW - http://bushwalkingnsw.com
tom_brennan
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Re: How accessible is Bundanoon Creek?

Postby DJ Wombat » Sat 01 Jun, 2024 10:02 pm

Wonderful! Thanks for the info Tom. I'll plan it in a dry spell.
DJ Wombat
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Return to New South Wales & ACT