Great Australian Walks - Snowy Mountains

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Great Australian Walks - Snowy Mountains

Postby Lophophaps » Wed 28 Aug, 2024 11:41 am

On Thursday 29 August 2024 at 7.30 pm EST SBS is screening an episode of Great Australian Walks, the Main Range KNP. Sections seem to be from the top of the Thredbo quad to Rawson Pass, and the Snowy River below the start of the Lake circuit. In a few months it might even look like that. There's not much snow at present.
Lophophaps
Auctorita modica
Auctorita modica

Region: Victoria

Re: Great Australian Walks - Snowy Mountains

Postby johnw » Wed 28 Aug, 2024 1:37 pm

Regular viewer of GAW. This episode is being hosted by Gina Chick, the winner of Alone Australia Season 1.
The preview shots were so fleeting that I couldn't really work out exactly where she was, except that it looked familiar.
I'm looking forward to this one, especially as we're heading there late December for a week.
Among other things planning to walk some of the new track finished since I was last there.
For convenience we often watch various series on SBS On Demand rather than live.
John W

In Nature's keeping they are safe, but through the agency of man destruction is making rapid progress - John Muir c1912
johnw
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Return to New South Wales & ACT