LWE- Men and Boys Camp

NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
NSW & ACT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

LWE- Men and Boys Camp

Postby kanangra » Tue 15 Jun, 2010 10:30 am

Over the weekend I took a group of 15 mostly fathers and sons from our church away for a night in the wilderness. Well Marra Marra NP north of Sydney anyway. It was a great time but I did notice a few things. How much boys and men love camp fires! Yet how little interest they display in gathering fire wood. How unprepared for cold weather some people can be. Just how much stuff people want to bring away with them on a walking trip. How much boys and men will eat without regard to the fact that our supply is finite. How much boys love sticks and knives. How little most boys will walk before complaining and wanting to know how much further.

Was it ever thus?

K.
kanangra
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Re: LWE- Men and Boys Camp

Postby Ent » Tue 15 Jun, 2010 11:36 am

Still sounds like a great experience for all.

Cheers Brett
"lt only took six years. From now on, l´ll write two letters a week instead of one."
(Shawshank Redemption)
Ent
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Postby Lizzy » Tue 15 Jun, 2010 11:58 am

Well of course I am biased :D but having taken many a group on bushwalking trips I found girls to be much tougher, carry more, whinge less and basically get the job done...... hmmmm charactersitics that carry on thru life. lol
Lizzy
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby buggeriamold » Tue 15 Jun, 2010 3:27 pm

Lizzy wrote:Well of course I am biased :D but having taken many a group on bushwalking trips I found girls to be much tougher, carry more, whinge less and basically get the job done...... hmmmm charactersitics that carry on thru life. lol

We are taking a bunch of our Scouts out in the Budawangs this weekend, so i will try to take note of the TTFW (Time To First Whinge) for both sexes and report the results on Monday.

But you may well be right.

Mark
buggeriamold
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Return to New South Wales & ACT