Desktop version
Victoria specific bushwalking discussion.

Forum rules

Victoria specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.
Post a reply

Tips for completing the full Grand Strzelecki Track

Thu 03 Sep, 2020 4:38 pm

We are looking to undertake the Grand Strzelecki Track in a couple of months.

There seem to be plenty of reviews of the individual sections online, I am struggling to find track notes from people who have completed the full walk.

I cant really tell if you camp along the way, or go back to your car at the end of each day of walking?

If anyone has completed this walk, I would love to hear about your planning, and how your trip was sectioned out and where you slept :)

Re: Tips for completing the full Grand Strzelecki Track

Thu 03 Sep, 2020 4:52 pm

Also if anyone has any tips on where to start / end.

Planning to car shuffle so dont have to repeat the park-to-park sections, so just wondering the best place to leave the cars!

Thu 03 Sep, 2020 7:21 pm

There used to be a website through which you could get the complete set of maps and notes. I found them adequate to complete the walk. Is that no longer available?

There is some camping along the way, although you can also do it as a series of daywalks. When I did it there were some areas where camping was not permitted - private property or forest, I don't recall which - but that may have changed.

eta: https://www.grandstrzeleckitrack.org.au/

Thu 03 Sep, 2020 7:28 pm

Look out for leaches.
Post a reply