Desktop version
SA, WA & NT specific bushwalking discussion.

Forum rules

SA, WA & NT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.
Post a reply

Heysen Trail numbers of hikers 2024

Mon 26 Aug, 2024 7:37 pm

I had a couple of weeks to kill and I found myself in Adelaide so I jumped on the Heysen; Quorn to Parachila and back again. Seemed silly and a pointless and a dumb idea so I I was all in.

Left the vehicle with Paul and Kylie at Flinders Motel and trudged North.

Amazing amount of people on the trail since my 2022 thru hike, I constantly encountered more folks daily than I did the entire time in 2022.

Lightning, rain, clouds, emus, hot sun and flies, stunning landscapes.

Best long trail in Australia, well that's what I reply when asked my favourite long distance hike.

I met Norm yesterday at Mayo Hut. 74 years old, hiked the Bib this year, walked across the Nullabor with a cart and is nearly finished the Heysen heading north. Carrying a 20 kilo pack and getting after it. 35 years in the army and still hard as nails. Legend. 74. No excuses. No *&%$#! caravan or excuses or requests for cappuccinos or starlink.

Here in Hawker smashing the food and shower and town charms (beer, burgers, green vegetables) then off to Mt Elm campsite tomorrow.

Just a heartfelt shoutout to this lovely trail.
Post a reply