SA, WA & NT specific bushwalking discussion.

Forum rules

SA, WA & NT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.
Post a reply

Photography at SALA Festival 2011

Sat 06 Aug, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi.

For any SA members able to come, I have a few images in SALA this year, even sneaked a couple of Tassie images in :)

Re: Photography at SALA Festival 2011

Sun 07 Aug, 2011 9:36 am

Well done Michael!
For those of us unable to make it, is there a link to the images?? Is the rockpool one of the Tas pics?
Thanks and congratulations

Sun 07 Aug, 2011 10:37 am

Hi Gaye,

Yes, the Rockpool is in. :)

I made a frame for it from some spalted timber I found in the woodpile. Came out a treat. I had a bunch of fun with the saturation in that image, still not quite right, but nearly...

No link to the actual images, sorry, but I happen to have an iPhone photo of the two tassie images during framing:

I've framed them all in rescued timbers from around home using my zen woodworking skillz. haha. The Grotto shot is framed in Jarrah. I decided that I'd frame them for home, so if they don't sell they're going straight on the wall. They all came up well and I'll be happy if no-one buys any :)

Sun 07 Aug, 2011 10:54 am

I like that jig! Did you make it too? You may be out of luck in having them at home. Any more of the timber in the wood heap?

Sun 07 Aug, 2011 11:45 am

Yep! :)

They're called 'Folding Wedges' and they're the best method I have yet found to get a frame nice and tight during glue-up. Found the design on youtube with a character who reckoned the 'old way is the good way'. In this case, I cannot argue with that, it works very well. I can easily tension and adjust each corner without the other corners going spastic or creeping out of alignment...

That's a shot taken in outback SA (Gawler Ranges) Frame is Cypress with live edge. The donor tree used to overhang our house (dangerously)

No more of that spalted timber, but I have more of it unspalted. I think I know how it became spalted so I am going to experiment...
Post a reply