Weindorfer Memorial Service, Jan 1st 2009 at Waldheim

Bushwalking topics that are not location specific.
Forum rules
The place for bushwalking topics that are not location specific.

Weindorfer Memorial Service, Jan 1st 2009 at Waldheim

Postby tas-man » Tue 16 Dec, 2008 11:50 am

Hi all, I have received information about this annual event, and as this year it will be 100 years since Gustav Weindorfer first set foot in the Cradle Valley, there will be an expanded event this year to celebrate the occasion. I believe that Parks will be involved as well as other groups, with the North West Walking Club as the organiser. I attended this event last year for the first time and felt it was a fitting rembrance to Weindorfer, and an opportunity to reflect on what we now enjoy which resulted from his advocacy and hard work in the Cradle area. I will be going again this year, so just wanted to make BWT forum members in the north aware of this event if you might be interested in attending - perhaps make it a BWT "mini meet up" with a walk around Hounslow Heath in the morning :D . I understand that Parks do not enforce issuing of parks passes for members of the public attending this service. 8) The poster below has the details.

Weindorfer Poster.jpg
"The world reveals itself to those who travel on foot."
Werner Herzog
tas-man
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: Weindorfer Memorial Service, Jan 1st 2009 at Waldheim

Postby tas-man » Sun 18 Jan, 2009 8:29 pm

Photos of this occasion are posted in the Gallery here - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1645
"The world reveals itself to those who travel on foot."
Werner Herzog
tas-man
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Tasmania

Return to Bushwalking Discussion