Got my mojo back!

Bushwalking topics that are not location specific.
Forum rules
The place for bushwalking topics that are not location specific.

Got my mojo back!

Postby jobell » Tue 23 Aug, 2022 5:23 pm

My bushwalking mojo went MIA sometime during the lockdowns of 2020. I don't know why, it just did. So I have been pretty absent from this forum since then. And pretty sad about it all tbh. I did substitute kayaking last year which perked me up for a while. But...thanks to Big Kev and a 6 day walk we did together in early August in the Gammon Ranges, it's baaaaack! So excited! If there is anywhere to refind one's lost mojo, it's got to be in that amazing landscape and gorges. Big Kev and I are teaming up for more walks; it's a delight to walk with someone who has a similar walking style to me. Anyway, just wanted to say a public thanks to Big Kev. [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
"Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R.Tolkien
jobell
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Re: Got my mojo back!

Postby ofuros » Tue 23 Aug, 2022 6:18 pm

Good to hear it's returned...welcome back, jobell.
Last edited by ofuros on Tue 23 Aug, 2022 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mountain views are good for my soul...& getting to them is good for my waistline !
https://ofuros.exposure.co/
ofuros
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Queensland

Postby Neo » Tue 23 Aug, 2022 6:29 pm

Keep paddling too!

These days I have a canoe and a nice MTB so enjoy a variety of modes. BW is still my enduring love.
Neo
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby Tortoise » Tue 23 Aug, 2022 8:45 pm

Welcome back, Jobell. So pleased for you. Wonderful what good bushwalking buddies can do. :D
Tortoise
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Postby jobell » Tue 23 Aug, 2022 9:20 pm

Thanks folks. Still kayaking when I can, but feels so good to be wearing a pack again. If I can work out how to get photobucket to work again I might even share some pics. No more blogging though, that's way to much like hard work and I will leave that to Big Kev..

"Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R.Tolkien
jobell
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Postby Moondog55 » Wed 24 Aug, 2022 8:09 am

So good to hear.
Ve are too soon old und too late schmart
Moondog55
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby WestcoastPete » Thu 25 Aug, 2022 10:05 am

I got right into bikes years ago. So into them. It's all I could think about. It lasted years, but then I started noticing the mojo really slide off quickly. I was like, *&%$#! hell, am I over bikes? Is this it? But after a while it came back in a new, richer way. This has happened a few times since and I don't worry about it any more. It happens with bushwalking too.

I think it's normal for mojo to fluctuate. For something so enjoyable it would unlikely to disappear forever I reckon. It's good to acknowledge this stuff I reckon
WestcoastPete
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Postby bigkev » Wed 31 Aug, 2022 3:51 pm

jobell wrote:My bushwalking mojo went MIA sometime during the lockdowns of 2020. I don't know why, it just did. So I have been pretty absent from this forum since then. And pretty sad about it all tbh. I did substitute kayaking last year which perked me up for a while. But...thanks to Big Kev and a 6 day walk we did together in early August in the Gammon Ranges, it's baaaaack! So excited! If there is anywhere to refind one's lost mojo, it's got to be in that amazing landscape and gorges. Big Kev and I are teaming up for more walks; it's a delight to walk with someone who has a similar walking style to me. Anyway, just wanted to say a public thanks to Big Kev. [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

I think it worked both ways Jo, you helped me too. Best walk that I've done since before Covid :D

Looking forward to our next one!
bigkev
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Return to Bushwalking Discussion