Central Plateau Walk Photos

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Central Plateau Walk Photos

Postby DaveNoble » Sun 04 May, 2008 12:53 am

In April - I was on a 12 day walk on the Central Plateau - from Higgs Track to the Walls of Jerusalem, then along the Chinamans Plains to the Mountains of Jupiter and the Traveller Range, then to Du Cane Gap, Pine Valley and the Labyrinth and some of the Du Cane Range Peaks. We had very fine weather indeed. A selection of photos has been placed online at -

http://www.david-noble.net/Tasmania/Tas ... kMenu.html

This is some of my favourite country and it was good to return and see it again.

Dave
DaveNoble
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Re: Central Plateau Walk Photos

Postby prickle » Sun 04 May, 2008 9:28 am

Fabulous stuff David ... very nice indeed

Stuart
prickle
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Son of a Beach » Sun 04 May, 2008 9:50 am

That's a great series of snaps. I always look forward to looking through your photos, Dave. I was particularly interested in the Chinaman Plains shots this time, as I'm planning to do some wandering around in this area in 2 weeks time (from a base camp at Lake Meston).
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)
Region: Tasmania

Postby Mickeymoo » Sun 04 May, 2008 3:00 pm

Great photos as per usual Dave, they really show the area and how beautiful it is.

Michael.
Mickeymoo
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby the_camera_poser » Sun 04 May, 2008 6:32 pm

I've just opened up all of the pages in this series, and my wife and I are going to have a look at them when we're odne with dinner. From what I've seen, you had one heck of a trip. Looks like good weather, too.
the_camera_poser

Postby norts » Thu 08 May, 2008 9:09 am

Great photos David, have enjoyed looking at all your photos on the web over the last few years. I particularly enjoy your walks from your younger days.
Interesting to see Les Southwell, I met him and Geoff at High Moor a couple of years ago. An amazing man and I hope I can be be doing the type of trips he does at his age.
Roger
norts
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby flyfisher » Thu 08 May, 2008 8:58 pm

Dave,I just love the area you walked through.Although I haven't been on the Mountains of Jupiter or the Traveller Range, I have walked the rest of it ,with the mid section of it many times.
Mostly my trips have been for fishing, but in more recent times fishing has often been a secondry concern.
Hopefully next summer I will be back there again.
That camping spot at Gwendy is pretty special, sheltered with a great view from the hill behind.

Cheers Fly Fisher
If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you need to drink more.
flyfisher
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: landrover owners club of tasmania

Postby slick41st » Sat 10 May, 2008 11:24 am

Wow that was spectacular! Makes me want to start packing my gear.
Damien
slick41st
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Return to Gallery