Desktop version
Bushwalking pictures.

Forum rules

Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.
Post a reply

Tasmania, New Zealand and Oz gallery

Thu 23 Jun, 2016 5:08 pm

Attached is a link to an extensive set of digital photos from the last 8 years exploring Tasmania, New Zealand, Western Australia, Victoria and the Blue Mountains. They are in no particular order, but are some of my favourite spots or images and I hope you get to see some of them in person yourself someday. Best viewed in fullscreen slideshow mode (slideshow button first then F11 then adjust the display time or hide the captions if desired).

https://picasaweb.google.com/114064244807961094522/6272869203074204993

Re: Tasmania, New Zealand and Oz gallery

Thu 23 Jun, 2016 6:09 pm

Excellent work

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 9:14 am

Very nice. One ot two brought back some good memories.

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 1:20 pm

Awesome gallery. Thanks for sharing.

Fri 24 Jun, 2016 6:44 pm

Fantastic photos farefam. Well done.

Isn't Tasmania part of Oz? :wink:

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 12:31 am

Yes MickyB, Tasmania is part of Oz (and a second home to me), but given the Tassie-centric nature of bushwalk.com I thought I'd better emphasise the Tasmanian part of the gallery first to encourage people to have a look! Although its a challenge to capture even a small part of the real beauty of a place in a photograph, the nice comments are appreciated.

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 11:01 am

Speccy shots, farefam. Thumbs up.

Sat 25 Jun, 2016 1:36 pm

Some superb photos there. And some wonderful memories evoked as well. Thank you.

Thu 14 Nov, 2019 10:20 pm

Just advising that I have now updated this album to include my adventures from the last couple of years. You'll find the new photos at the end of the album. This includes pack rafting photos from Wild Rivers National Park in Tasmania and the Murchison Gorge in Kalbarri National Park in Western Australia. Also included are photos from a recent 6 week trip to the western part of the United States and Canada. Destinations there included Yosemite National Park, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Arches National Park, Bryce Canyon, the Canadian Rocky Mountains and the Voyage of the Glaciers Cruise along the coast of Alaska and British Columbia.

This sampler album is getting pretty large now, so please be patient if some files take a while to download (they will sometimes appear fuzzy at first until they have fully downloaded and then they will show as properly sharp). Just click on the original link at the start of this topic to start your viewing. If you follow other links within the album they will take you to the individual albums for each place. I hope you find some inspiration there for your own bucket list adventures.

Fri 15 Nov, 2019 10:21 am

Wow, there's some great big beautiful landscapes in there!

Mon 06 Apr, 2020 6:54 pm

I've just updated this collection with photos taken from a 6 week visit to the Melaleuca area earlier this summer. New places include the Port Davey Track, Greystone Bluff, packrafting the Crossing and Davey rivers, packrafting in Port Davey, the South Coast track, New Harbour Range and the Southwest Cape circuit. You will need to scroll down to the bottom of the album for the new stuff. I can only hope that COVID-19 abates and we can all enjoy some more adventures sooner rather than later. In the meantime, if you wish, you can take some adventures through my eyes once more, in some of the world's most beautiful places.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1140642448 ... 3074204993

Mon 06 Apr, 2020 7:51 pm

Thanks for sharing, farefam...lovely, adventure inspiring collection.

Mon 06 Apr, 2020 8:11 pm

Farefam, great pics - I’m envious of the adventures you have had.

Fri 01 Jan, 2021 1:39 pm

My Sefton
Attachments
64A2D0D9-71D5-4FE4-ABEC-12C6583D7254.jpeg
64A2D0D9-71D5-4FE4-ABEC-12C6583D7254.jpeg (133.6 KiB) Viewed 27241 times

Thu 07 Jan, 2021 1:42 am

Looks like Sealy Tarns on the way to Mueller hut, there never used to be a track that obvious, that's progress.

Sat 18 Mar, 2023 6:42 pm

As several years have passed, it is time to notify you all of a major update to this album, which you can now see at the following link. Please note that the earlier links in this thread do not link to this update, but that this update still includes all of those earlier photos as well as the new ones:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MctGUCe53zFErocL9

When the link opens up the googlephotos page, just click on continue without joining and that will allow you in.

If you are using a mobile and you click on a photo it should bring up the caption. If using a PC just either click on the photo to do the same, or hit the information icon to display the captions and other photo details on the right side of the photos instead.

My apologies to the twenty five first people who had a look, as there has been a change to googlephotos, and by mistake I didn't put the public link the first time, or notice the new log in requirement to continue without joining.

To make it easier for the many of you who have viewed earlier versions of this large photo album, most of the new stuff is at the beginning of the album, occupying the first third, but in no particular trip order.

The other big new bit is from a wonderful, 20 day packrafting trip along the Franklin River. As that is a large, fairly comprehensive group of beautiful photos, but not everyone is into river trips, I have placed those at the very end of the album. If however, you want to see them first, just use the right scroll bar to quickly skip to the end. Those Franklin River photos are in order from start to finish.

New lockdown and post covid places in this update include selected highlights from:

Tasmania:
Schouten Island
Western Arthur Range traverse
Mt Anne Circuit
Tarkine coast walk
Bathurst Harbour- Port Davey and some of the surrounding ranges by packraft
Bathurst Range traverse
Franklin River by packraft (including some tributaries)
Upper Jane and Maxwell Rivers by packraft (that was a particularly epic trip)

Western Australia:
the Southwest Coast
four scenic sections of the Bibbulmun Track
Deep River by packraft
Karijini National Park (this includes some rarely seen view points)
Millstream - Chichester Range National Park
the upper Murchison Gorge in Kalbarri National Park by packraft

Here's to mother nature's peace, adventure and beauty ...... long may it last.
Last edited by farefam on Sun 19 Mar, 2023 1:54 am, edited 6 times in total.

Sun 19 Mar, 2023 1:28 am

My goof!! The public link above should work now. Please inform me if it doesn't. I have repeated it here as well:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MctGUCe53zFErocL9

When the link opens up the googlephotos page, just click on continue without joining and that will allow you in for a look.

If you are using a mobile and you click on a photo it should bring up the caption. If using a PC just either click on the photo to do the same, or hit the information icon to display the captions and other photo details on the right side of the photos instead.

Wed 29 Nov, 2023 3:07 pm

The link above has been updated to include to include highlights from:

Tasmania
Tasman Track and Cape Pillar

Western Australia
Bibbulmun Track: Northcliffe to Pemberton
Millars Landing
Mt Frankland
Packrafting the Frankland River
Packrafting the Avon River

Unfortunately I am grounded at the moment, so a heap of Tasmanian plans have had to be put on hold. Hopefully there will be more adventures sometime in 2024 and beyond.
Post a reply