Sunset

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Sunset

Postby tasdaz » Mon 17 Mar, 2008 9:21 pm

Tonight I went for a short drive to Collinsvale to capture the sunset with the effects of the bushfires here...

Ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no river deep enough
Too keep from walking in Tassie
tasdaz
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Tasmania

Re: Sunset

Postby flyfisher » Tue 18 Mar, 2008 5:24 am

Top pics Tazdaz. Terrible things bushfires ,but they do provide photo opportunities with the extra colour they add the to the sky and clouds.

Great that you could take advantage. Once again GREAT SHOTS. John
If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you need to drink more.
flyfisher
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: landrover owners club of tasmania

Postby Joe » Tue 18 Mar, 2008 6:34 am

i shot a wedding last year in qld. they had big fire in a chemical plant that spread to bush just near where we were. I bitched and moaned all day about the colour of the sky (lots of post processing to get blue out of the brown muck i was shooting in all day). Come sunset though I got one of my favourite shots to this day with bride and groom standing in front of incredible coloured sunset.
Joe
in vino veritas
in vino veritas

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Stoney Creek Outdoor Equipment.

Postby Mickeymoo » Tue 18 Mar, 2008 9:56 am

Nice shots Tazdaz, fire certainly do produce some nice colours in sunsets, I really like the last one, but they are all great. I also went and got a few shots of the sunset which I may post a bit later :mrgreen:
Mickeymoo
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to Gallery