Cradle and Barn Bluff Circuit

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Cradle and Barn Bluff Circuit

Postby PeterJ » Wed 26 Mar, 2008 8:08 pm

At the beginning of March we did a circuit walk on Cradle Mt and Barn Bluff and have posted some photos on the web. A couple of samples are attached.

You can see more at http://picasaweb.google.com.au/PeterJFranklin/CradleBarn

For notes on the walk go to http://bushwalks.blogspot.com/2008/03/c ... bluff.html

Alternatively for a fancier presentation of the same photos got to http://peterjf.myjalbum.net/CradleBarn/
Last edited by PeterJ on Thu 27 Mar, 2008 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterJ
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: Cradle and Barn Bluff Circuit

Postby Son of a Beach » Thu 27 Mar, 2008 11:51 am

I had a quick look through all of this set of photos on your web site. There's some good shots there. I like the "Valley Scene" picture, which looks like it might be in the flat marshy area just over the ridge from Lake Rodway (I found my way there purely by accident once, when I was lost). :)
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)

Postby walkinTas » Thu 27 Mar, 2008 12:13 pm

Son of a Beach wrote:I had a quick look through all of this set of photos on your web site. There's some good shots there. I like the "Valley Scene" picture, which looks like it might be in the flat marshy area just over the ridge from Lake Rodway (I found my way there purely by accident once, when I was lost). :)

Lost? Surely not! (TGE) Temporarily geographically embarrassed. (MGD) Momentarily Geographically Disoriented. Took an alternate route - the track was a little hard to find - exploring other possibilities...

Great shots Peter.
walkinTas
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Mickeymoo » Thu 27 Mar, 2008 12:23 pm

A very nice series of photos Peter.
Mickeymoo
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby PeterJ » Thu 27 Mar, 2008 7:54 pm

Son of a Beach wrote:......... I like the "Valley Scene" picture, which looks like it might be in the flat marshy area just over the ridge from Lake Rodway (I found my way there purely by accident once, when I was lost). :)

Indeed you are correct, it is a lovely spot and I camp there from time to time. Very peaceful, but on this occasion we heard a dog there. I must contact PWS and find out if they located it.
PeterJ
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to Gallery