Ladder Falls

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Ladder Falls

Postby walkinTas » Tue 20 Dec, 2011 7:27 pm

For a while I have realised that the location given for Ladder Falls in the List of Waterfalls was some way up Ladder Crk, and not at the edge of Lee's paddock, so a couple of weeks back I set out to visit the real Ladder Falls. We'd had a bit of rain and I was hopeful there would be more water in the creek than when I last visited. I was not disappointed. The track up to Lee's was quite damp, and the side track into Oxley was a real bog. I've never seen it that muddy.

Ladder creek runs into the Mersey on the western side of Lee's paddock at a big loop in the river. If you've been to the falls on the edge of Lee's paddock you will know there are a series of cascade terminating with an attractive little fall in amongst the Myrtles.
ladderfalls_lower.jpg
ladderfalls_lower.jpg (288.33 KiB) Viewed 5151 times

Climb above these cascades and there is an open rock scape and a small cascade on the edge of the forest.
ladderfalls-cascades.jpg
ladderfalls-cascades.jpg (227.62 KiB) Viewed 5151 times

Enter the forest and climb up along the river a short way and you'll eventually come to the real Ladder Falls, which is a picturesque scene well worth the effort.
ladderfalls_upper.jpg
ladderfalls_upper.jpg (250.66 KiB) Viewed 5151 times
walkinTas
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Re: Ladder Falls

Postby walkinTas » Tue 20 Dec, 2011 7:28 pm

Standing on top of the falls affords a lovely view back across Lee's Paddock to Dean Bluff.
Attachments
deansbluff1.jpg
deansbluff1.jpg (171.17 KiB) Viewed 5149 times
walkinTas
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby corvus » Tue 20 Dec, 2011 7:33 pm

Thanks for that WT will do so soon :)
They must be well hidden in the Trees as I cannot remember seeing them when looking over the Paddocks from Dean Bluff area.
corvus
collige virgo rosas
corvus
Vercundus gearus-freakius

Postby walkinTas » Wed 21 Dec, 2011 4:16 pm

They are surrounded by tree Corvus. I'd wait for the next rain if I were you. Ladder Crk gets pretty dry in summer.
walkinTas
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby corvus » Wed 21 Dec, 2011 6:32 pm

Thanks wT probably wont need to wait too long for rain as a Wet Summer is being predicted for Tasmania :( also Lees is next on my list (no big hills) when I get the OK from the Cardiologist :)
corvus
collige virgo rosas
corvus

Return to Gallery