Ben Lomond National Park

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Ben Lomond National Park

Postby Mickeymoo » Mon 28 Jul, 2008 8:43 am

Gday all, I went for a small wander up to Legges Tor on sunday, got to test out my new pair of yowies and I found them to be quite good and could even glissade for on the steeper sections :D anyway here are a few of the photos I got from up there.

Michael.

Mickeymoo
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: Ben Lomond National Park

Postby frank_in_oz » Mon 28 Jul, 2008 10:50 am

Great pics. Would have loved to have seen some of you glissading (now I know what it means - LOL )

This guy reckons you can do it just with boots???? http://www.oregonphotos.com/Glissade.html
Frank
Check out "Our Hiking Blog" Overland Track guide, Food to Go-recipe ideas and Trekking to Everest Base Camp.
frank_in_oz
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Re: Ben Lomond National Park

Postby Mickeymoo » Mon 28 Jul, 2008 12:00 pm

Thanks Frank, its good fun, it can be done in boots as well, but the snowshoes do make it a bit easier to do on lesser slopes I think!!
Mickeymoo
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Return to Gallery