This short return walk in Yuraygir National Park starts at Pebbly Beach campground and takes you along the track to the isolated Freshwater Beach where you can have a picnic and a swim before heading back. Let us begin by acknowledging the Gumbaingirr people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.