Doongalla Stables to Bourke's Lookout walk starts from the end of Doongalla Road Forest Road, Mount Dandenong, leading to Bourke's Lookout via the Channel 10 Track. Your walk through the lush forest will take you to stunning panoramic views from Bourke's Lookout. The track has some steep and challenging sections, but overall is relatively easy and well maintained throughout. It can get slightly muddy and slippery during rainy/wet weather. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.