Starting from the Wineglass Bay car park off Freycinet Drive, Freycinet National Park, this walk takes you past the Wineglass Bay Lookout. A short uphill walk through The Hazards takes you to a lookout that offers stunning views of Wineglass Bay, one of the most iconic places in Tasmania. The bay is especially breathtaking at sunrise and sunset. On the way up you'll pass a lovely viewing platform overlooking Coles Bay. The trail is a consistent incline with lots of steps, but it's manageable for average fitness levels. There are several resting seats on the way up and the view at the top makes the effort worthwhile. Sturdy footwear and sunscreen are recommended, as well as plenty of drinking water. Expect to share the trail with many other walkers, especially on weekends and holidays. To avoid the crowds, it's best to set off early in the morning. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.