9 min to 20 min Canoeing in this area is a privately run tour by Mornington AWC.
↑ 6 m ↓ -6 m
Starting from the dirt car park in Wunaamin Miliwundi Ranges, this one-way walk takes you to Sir John Gorge and back. Sir John Gorge is one of the most spectacular gorges along Gibb River Road. It provides visitors with panoramic views of the pools and the wide gorge walls dating back to ancient times. You can do kayaking in the area provided that you book beforehand as well. The sunset in the area is renowned for its beauty, but it requires a drive back in the dark when the wildlife shares the road with you. The track is relatively flat but can be uneven at certain sections. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.