Starting from Mornington Wilderness Camp, Wunaamin Miliwundi Ranges, this return walk takes you on a stroll along Annie Creek. Do not forget your binoculars as Annie Creek and the riparian habitat is host to a plethora of bird species that you can observe. It is possible to spot species of finches, such as crimson finches, painted finches and double-barred finches, along with kingfishers, honeyeaters, rainbow bee-eaters. You can opt to return back to the campsite to convert this walk a loop as well. The track is compacted or hardened surface, and there are only gentle hilly sections. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.