Walk through these section of Toonumbar National Park on a journey amoung the enormous trees in this lush rainforest. Feel small amongst the giant Bangalow palms, strangler figs and an old-growth stand of red cedar trees . Let us begin by acknowledging the Bundjalung people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.