This walk generally follows Little Dandahra Creek from Dandahra picnic area to Mulligans Hut campground through the lovely heath forest past a series of enormous granite outcrops. If you have extra time you can make this a return walk, you will not get sick of the views, or even camp overnight and return the next day, a great introduction to overnight bushwalking. Let us begin by acknowledging the Ngoorabul people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.