Starting from Mini Palms Gorge Car Park, Purnululu, this return walk takes you to Mini Palms Gorge and back via the Escarpment trail. The trail offers you continuous views of geological formations and culminates at a high point with a view of an amphitheatre surrounded by majestic ancient rocks. Feel the sublimity as you traverse and also keep an eye out for scattered bloodwoods that have amazing red coloured saps. There are certain steep sections with rock hoppings, and there are stairs at the end that lead to the lookout. However, the gorge floor after the viewing platform is off-limits to the public. The temperatures can get very hot (up to 50 degrees), walking in the morning or late afternoon can be a good way to avoid heat on warmer days and carry plenty of water, avoid walking in very hot conditions . Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.