The Pound Bend Loop, Warrandyte, starts near the car park at the end of Everard Road, looping around the Pound Bend Reserve via the Tank Track, along the Yarra River. Enjoy this simple and easy loop walk through the bush, with fantastic views of the Yarra River along the way. There are plenty of little tracks that veer off the main one, that allow you to walk closer to the water. A variety of birds can be spotted on this walk, as well as kangaroos and echidnas. Towards the end of the walk, there’s a steep stair climb, and there are some rocky sections along the way, which can be slightly challenging. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.