Starting at the end of Hansen Road, Boronia, this walk loops around the Chandlers Hill area via the Chandlers, Outlook and Hansen tracks. Enjoy this walk on a wide dirt track through the forest, with beautiful scenery and nature all along the way. From the higher points of the walk, you are rewarded with amazing views of the city skyline. In certain parts, you are surrounded by the fragrant smells of tea tree. If you start on the Hansen Track, there is a gentle incline for about 2 km, with a steeper decline on the return via the Chandlers Track. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.