Starting at the Carr-Villa hut just off Ben Lomond Road in Ben Lomond National Park, this walk takes you to the Alpine Village and back via the Summit Pass and Summit Link tracks. You'll walk through a eucalypt forest before reaching the highest point of the track, Legges Tor, and the track starts descending. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.