Starting at Mungo Brush Campsite this circuit walk takes you through the rainforest of Myall Lakes National Park. Enjoy the walk and then have a picnic at the campsite. Let us begin by acknowledging the Biripi & Worimi people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.
The starting point of an optional sidetrip. Side trip to the top of Mungo Brush Hill. To start this optional side trip turn left here. On returning from this side trip turn sharp right when you get back to this intersection. Details below.
After another 215 m continue straight.
After another 60 m veer left.
After another 730 m continue straight.
After another 115 m come to the end.
Side trip to the top of Mungo Brush Hill.
Directions & comments
After another 120 m come to "Mungo Brush Hill".
Turn around and retrace your steps back the 120 m to the main route.
Know the Hills, grading & facilities
Mungo Rainforest Walk
20 min to 40 min
Quality of track
Formed track, with some branches and other obstacles (3/6)
Short steep hills (3/6)
Directional signs along the way (3/6)
Limited facilities, not all cliffs are fenced (3/6)