Mount Majura from Hackett, starts from Mackenzie St., Hackett, going through both Mt. Ainslie and Mt. Majura Nature Reserves’ woodlands to the summit of Mt. Majura. You can take it as a challenge like some people do, and feel the burn on your calves while your eyes search for the Trig Station at the top, as it can serve as a finish line. Or keep a casual pace, savor the experience, and see if you can spot a Yellow Star of Bethlehem(a spring flower). Keep in mind that this can be a one way route as it is possible to drive to the top. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.