Discussion about this site, including these forums (eg, suggestions, comments, queries). Topics may be manually deleted occasionally (eg, after suggestions dealt with, or changes bedded in).
Post a reply

Bushwalk.com site has slow response

Wed 10 Jan, 2024 6:55 pm

Recently I have noticed that the response for page requests is very slow. I just timed a couple of pages at about 13secs each. I've also been getting quite a few 'too many connections' errors. I'm not sure when it started, but it seems to have been a few weeks.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Any comments about this.

Re: Bushwalk.com site has slow response

Wed 10 Jan, 2024 7:38 pm

I've also noticed this. It happens on both my phone (android for what it's worth), and on a computer. On a couple of occasions I've had an SQL error notification come up when loading pages on the site.

Wed 10 Jan, 2024 9:22 pm

Yes for a few weeks, sometimes get the 'too many connections' error page. Also get logged out perhaps weekly. I only view on the phone.

Wed 10 Jan, 2024 9:52 pm

Neo wrote:Yes for a few weeks, sometimes get the 'too many connections' error page. Also get logged out perhaps weekly. I only view on the phone.

Same. I'm on a laptop.

Thu 11 Jan, 2024 5:39 am

Yes it's very slow, but I remember dial up.

Thu 11 Jan, 2024 8:01 am

Same here but seems to be a bit better this morning.
My connection hasn't been slow (at work) with 1gbps up and down.

Thu 11 Jan, 2024 11:57 am

Yeah I've been having problems too. If it's a lack of bandwidth I'd be willing to pay a subscription fee yearly to pay for better data storage and access speeds.
Ditto for site security etc: Am I alone on this issue or are most of us/some of us willing to go to a subscription ??

Thu 11 Jan, 2024 2:45 pm

I don't think subs would be helpful in regard to member numbers. But I would be happy to donate some $$.

Thu 11 Jan, 2024 6:25 pm

Yes the site has become virtually unusable over the past few days. Continual server errors, SQL errors, too many connections errors, pages that take minutes to load.
Sometimes the page doesn't fully render. This is the first time today since about 9 am that I've been able to get the site to actually load then log in, but it took a very long time.
I think there may be a serious technical issue. Doesn't matter if I log in with PC or phone the result is the same.

Fri 12 Jan, 2024 11:09 am

yep I couldn't access the site at all yesterday. Error 502 I think it was.

Haven't had any noticeable issues aside from that.

Fri 12 Jan, 2024 11:12 am

Fingers crossed it seems back to normal at present.

Fri 12 Jan, 2024 11:58 am

johnw wrote:Fingers crossed it seems back to normal at present.

Yes I agree. After the outage yesterday it is back to normal. Thanks to whoever fixed it. Wildwalks?

Mon 15 Jan, 2024 8:43 am

Sorry about that. It was a denial of service attack. We're doing all we can to prevent this sort of thing.

Mon 15 Jan, 2024 12:58 pm

Lophophaps wrote:Sorry about that. It was a denial of service attack. We're doing all we can to prevent this sort of thing.

I'm afraid we are back to way we were. Very slow response and server errors (but not too many connections now).
It doesn't seem like a DOS attack, or if it is, it's a very long and persistent.

Mon 15 Jan, 2024 4:03 pm

Yes, it's very hit-and-miss, and mostly miss. Slow to load and still the occasional time-out. At first I thought it was me because I've had issues with another site since I got back, but that turned out to be their problem and not mine.

Mon 15 Jan, 2024 4:35 pm

Yes, unfortunately it has gone bad again since this morning. Hit and miss with server/timeout errors, and very slow responses as NNW said.

Mon 15 Jan, 2024 6:04 pm

Interesting, it's been loading reasonably well for me today.

Mon 15 Jan, 2024 8:48 pm

It's been pretty speedy this afternoon and evening.

Tue 16 Jan, 2024 7:58 pm

Couldn't get on at all until now. Impossible the entire morning.

Tue 16 Jan, 2024 8:17 pm

north-north-west wrote:Couldn't get on at all until now. Impossible the entire morning.

Entire day for me, until now.

Edit: not whinging, just feedback.

Tue 16 Jan, 2024 9:04 pm

It is more than likely caused by kids on school holidays. Once upon a time, they'd have a go at hacking you.

Those kids are still out there, but this one lacks the intellect, so DoS, denial of service, is pretty much their limit.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Post a reply