Mt Field West

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Mt Field West

Postby bcshort » Sun 13 Sep, 2009 3:52 pm

IMG_3060-3064.jpg
IMG_3060-3064.jpg (45.92 KiB) Viewed 3265 times

As advertised elsewhere on this forum (I think!), I went up to Mt Field yesterday to take some pictures of waterfalls for possible inclusion in a calendar I thought I was going to do. As it stands, all photos of said waterfalls were a complete write-off due to higher-than-normal flows in the creeks from the overnight rain resulting to way too much mist that liked to "fog up" the lens.

What I did get though was this panorama of Mt Field West with a healthy coat of snow. A larger version may be found at http://www.benshortphotography.com/2009/09/mt-field-snowfields/

As with most of my trip related stories - I learnt 3 things:

1) I am missing my wireless remote shutter trigger. Trip to Stallards tomorrow.
2) Sometimes all the camera gear in the world will not beat an 8 year old point & shoot camera. A friend easily got the best shots of the day on my old Powershot G3.
3) PWS need to run a grader over the first few kms of Lake Dobson Rd. I enjoyed the slippery ruts, the corrugations not so much. :)
bcshort
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Tasmania

Re: Mt Field West

Postby Steve » Sun 13 Sep, 2009 4:20 pm

Nice shot Ben!
One foot in front of the other, Hack all pain, Never stop walking.
Steve
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby walkinTas » Sun 13 Sep, 2009 8:29 pm

bcshort wrote:All photos of said waterfalls were a complete write-off due to higher-than-normal flows in the creeks from the overnight rain resulting to way too much mist that liked to "fog up" the lens.
Yeah Ben, had the same problem at a couple of waterfalls lately. Its hard to find that perfect spot sometimes. :D

The panorama is beautiful.
Last edited by walkinTas on Sun 13 Sep, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walkinTas
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby bcshort » Sun 13 Sep, 2009 9:00 pm

Thanks Steve, walkinTas.

I thought I had this really clever idea of having a "Waterfalls of Tasmania" 2010 Calendar for publication by end of October.. I maybe have only 6 or 7 print quality images here. Yesterday was supposed to be a tick for another three, with 2 more this weekend (Snug & Pelverata). Thats all been thrown into disarray, and I may be forced to spend weekend or two up north to get Liffey, Saint Columbia, Guide & Dip Falls.
bcshort
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Return to Gallery