Smokey Sunset

Bushwalking pictures.
Forum rules
Please keep the width of embedded images (using [img] [/img] tags) in this forum to no more than 800 pixels wide (this will avoid them being clipped without notice by most users' window sizes). Attached images can be any resolution so long as the file size is no more than 1 MB (attachments will be displayed by the forums as thumbnails no larger than 800 pixels linked to the full-size image).

Please include a description of the pictures' content so that readers know what they're all about.

For topics focussed on narrative rather than the photos, please consider posting in one of the 'Trip Report' forums instead.

Smokey Sunset

Postby Mickeymoo » Tue 18 Mar, 2008 11:18 am

Gday all, I went for a little drive down the road to Mortimer Bay to take some photos of the smokey sunset lastnight, they turned out alright even though I should have been there a little earlier to get the sinking red orb :mrgreen:

Michael.

Mickeymoo
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: Smokey Sunset

Postby tasdaz » Tue 18 Mar, 2008 6:25 pm

Stunning photos. You have certainly found a very nice spot there to take them. I was wondering where your photo competition pic was taken, now I know. The secret is out!!
Ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no river deep enough
Too keep from walking in Tassie
tasdaz
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Mickeymoo » Tue 18 Mar, 2008 7:24 pm

oops did I say mortimer bay, I must have been confused :lol: thanks Tazdaz it is a great little spot about 10mins drive from home and you hardly ever see anyone else there which is a bonus, I have been spending a lot of time lately round this way taking photos all along the shore but these ones are probably some of my favourites from round there.
Mickeymoo
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Joe » Tue 18 Mar, 2008 8:15 pm

Its one of those wonderful 'secret' spots that most of the local photographers know and love. Ive seen quite a few shots on another forum im member on that has a stunner of that fence...and it pops up occasionally at camera club and work. Ive always meant to search it out and try for sommat different with it (not sure what yet) my fav of all shots of it is now the last one of yours with the birds on it. They add another dimenension to an already great shot. I rekon with some careful slight photoshop that last one would be a framer :)
Joe
in vino veritas
in vino veritas

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Stoney Creek Outdoor Equipment.

Postby flyfisher » Tue 18 Mar, 2008 8:22 pm

Great shots M M ,I'll have to check out that fence one evening. I'll leave my camera at home , you'r doin fine.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you need to drink more.
flyfisher
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: landrover owners club of tasmania

Postby Mickeymoo » Thu 20 Mar, 2008 3:52 pm

Thanks guys, it's not really a secret spot its just off the main road by 100m! but I suppose its part of being local and spending a lot of time in the area :) if you need help finding it I can point you in the right direction. Flyfisher it would be a sin to leave your camer at home!! not a bad spot for photographing birds too, but I don't have the glass to do that yet :mrgreen:

Michael.
Mickeymoo
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to Gallery