X Mid - Dan Durston

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Re: X Mid - Dan Durston

Postby orionbarth » Tue 04 Jun, 2024 10:13 pm

Out of curiosity, how are you remaining tax free here in Australia Dan? As far as I’m aware international companies that sell more than $75k per year to Australia are legally required to register for GST and charge it as the sale point, rather than customs

It’s a bit odd considering you say Australia is your third biggest market and Zpacks are registered for GST
orionbarth
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: New South Wales

Postby dandurston » Wed 05 Jun, 2024 12:06 am

Partly our top two countries (USA, Canada) are way ahead of everything else, so even though Australia is number three it is only a very small percent.

The main reason though is that historically most of these tents were sold by another company (Drop/Kaviso) so they would have been the ones responsible for monitoring and collecting taxes. Only in the last few weeks have the sales of our main products (X-Mid 1 and 2) changed over to being handled directly by me. So we may get to that threshold eventually and have to start charging taxes but since we only started selling our main products a few weeks ago it will be some time.
dandurston
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Other Country

Postby Aushiker » Mon 08 Jul, 2024 7:20 pm

Sorry a bit off topic but still a Durston product :). I am hoping someone can advise the width of the shoulder strap on the Durston Kawka 55 (at around chest height). I just want to determine if the Peak Designs Capture Clip V2 or V3 will work with it.

Thanks.
Andrew
Aushiker
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Western Australia

Postby Sufferance » Tue 09 Jul, 2024 8:40 pm

This question was just asked in the FB group. 7.5cm from Dan, but I think this is higher up than chest height. I measure 7cm wide at my chest strap on the current version Ultra200x Size large.
Sufferance

Region: Tasmania

Postby Sufferance » Tue 09 Jul, 2024 8:44 pm

Aushiker wrote:Sorry a bit off topic but still a Durston product :). I am hoping someone can advise the width of the shoulder strap on the Durston Kawka 55 (at around chest height). I just want to determine if the Peak Designs Capture Clip V2 or V3 will work with it.

Thanks.

This came up in the FB group the other day, same reason. Dan responded saying 7.5cm. However I measure 7cm Just below the Durston logo where I have my chest strap. Current version 55, Ultra200x, size large.
Sufferance

Region: Tasmania

Postby dandurston » Wed 10 Jul, 2024 2:49 am

The shoulder strap width is 7.5 cm.

Cheers.
dandurston
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Other Country

Postby Aushiker » Wed 10 Jul, 2024 4:42 pm

Sufferance wrote:
Aushiker wrote:Sorry a bit off topic but still a Durston product :). I am hoping someone can advise the width of the shoulder strap on the Durston Kawka 55 (at around chest height). I just want to determine if the Peak Designs Capture Clip V2 or V3 will work with it.

Thanks.

This came up in the FB group the other day, same reason. Dan responded saying 7.5cm. However I measure 7cm Just below the Durston logo where I have my chest strap. Current version 55, Ultra200x, size large.

Thanks, and thanks, Dan. I will give my existing Capture Clip a go, and if it is not going to fit, I will look at whether their Pad Pro will work with the pack.
Andrew
Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri 12 Jul, 2024 11:40 am

dandurston wrote:The shoulder strap width is 7.5 cm.

Cheers.

For anyone else interested, the seller of this clip on Allixepress is suggesting it will fit up to 8cm [I think that is what they mean].
Andrew
Aushiker

Postby Moh » Sun 14 Jul, 2024 12:47 pm

Aushiker wrote:
Sufferance wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks, and thanks, Dan. I will give my existing Capture Clip a go, and if it is not going to fit, I will look at whether their Pad Pro will work with the pack.

Just measured my v3 capture clip. It is only 5.5cm clear between the mounting screws.
Moh
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Queensland

Postby Aushiker » Sun 14 Jul, 2024 5:42 pm

Moh wrote:Just measured my v3 capture clip. It is only 5.5cm clear between the mounting screws.

Thanks. That sounds like my V2. I had thought they where bigger but I guess not :(
Andrew
Aushiker

Previous

Return to Equipment