Point Cartwright Lighthouse Track is a return walk starting from the car park at the end of Pacific Boulevard, Buddina. The path is paved, smooth, and flat (although a little steep near the lighthouse). It takes you through a natural and coastal landscape, with stunning panoramic views of the surf beach and beyond. You can also whale watch here from July to November. The lighthouse itself was built in 1978 and is unmanned. The Unity Water Reservoir has a lovely mural that's worth checking out as well. There are picnic spots, benches and a toilet along the way. You can head west in the reserve to reach the designated off-leash area. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.