Starting from the car park off Mountain View Road(Tourist Drive 23), this walk takes you on a circuit in the Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve, exploring the lush pademelon-rich rainforest along the way. This lovely little loop is one of the best tracks out there if you want to spot pademelons. Other than the cute little marsupials, you may run into rare bird bird species and bats in the reserve as well. You’ll be able to catch glimpses of the Glass House Mountains along the track, and can view them in their full glory from the cafe at the end. There are many informative signposts about the different trees and fungi around the track if you’d like to learn more about them. Come early in the morning to avoid the crowd and increase your chances of seeing pademelons and rare birds. Keep in mind that there is a $2(may vary) fee for entry. The track is PARTLY wheelchair accessible. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.