Starting from the Gate 12 car park at the intersection of Morphett Road and Gulfview Road, Seaview Downs, this walk takes you on a circuit around O'Halloran Hill Recreation Park via the O'Halloran Hill Northern Loop. Located in the southern suburbs, O'Halloran Hill Recreation Park, now part of Glenthorne National Park-Ityamaiitpinna Yarta, consists mostly of grassy rolling hills with restored native vegetation that was formerly cleared for grazing. Walkers, mountain bikers, horse riders and dogs are welcome in the park, which offers a large open space with an extensive network of fire tracks and shared-use trails. This is one of the quieter loops within the park, with fewer mountain bikers than other trails. It meanders across the grassland hills, offering excellent views of the city and coastline. This loop consists mostly of fire tracks, with some short steep hills and sections that may be muddy or overgrown, suitable for walkers and cyclists of average fitness levels. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.